Client-side Downloads Demonstrations
The links below will take you to examples that demonstrate many of the capabilities of the Akamai NetSession Interface for Client-side Downloads. You can also view the simple code used to implement the demo.
The DLM API is not a standalone tool; it is used in conjunction with applications serving content over the Akamai platform and using Akamai edge server configurations.
The demonstrations will install Akamai NetSession client on your local device if it is not already installed, and in that case you'll be prompted to agree to the end user license agreement (EULA) while installing the client. The demonstrations will download files as large as 50MB.
- A basic download: A 10 MB download without extra options
- downloadName: Set a custom display name for the downloaded file
- onComplete: Call an event handler on completion of the download
- onError: Call an event handler on a download error.
- openOnComplete: Toggle the "Open Upon Completion" setting.
- resumable: Set an icon to resume download later.
- basic authentication: Send a name and password with the download request.
- query authentication: Append a query string to the requested download URL.
- cookie authentication: Send a cookie with the download request.